Student Loan Counseling
We hear comments like this every day:
• I can’t afford to pay my student loans!
• Which student loan repayment option is best for me?
• Should I consolidate my student loans?
Making an uninformed decision can be costly. We will touch on some basic strategies regarding student loan repayment as part of a free Accel credit counseling session. However, for more focused assistance, GreenPath offers two tiers of service to empower you to regain your financial footing:
Student Loan Counseling ($50) – A certified student loan expert will:
- Review each of your student loans. We’ll determine how much you owe, payment terms, and repayment program eligibility for each loan.
- Explore your repayment options. We’ll make sure you understand the pros and cons of each option.
- Develop a customized plan. We’ll provide unbiased advice, and create a personalized plan just for you.
Student Loan Enhanced Support ($200) – The enhanced support session is tailored for borrowers who need additional assistance. This is especially helpful if you’re in default or having trouble with your loan servicer(s). A certified student loan expert will:
- Conduct an in-depth analysis. We’ll guide you in navigating your loan repayment options and do some of the legwork for you. (Includes federal and private student loans.)
- Address delinquent and defaulted loans. We will create a personalized plan to bring your delinquent loans current, and rehabilitate any defaulted loans.
- Help you submit paperwork. If appropriate, we’ll work with you to complete the application process for securing a student loan repayment program.
- Contact your loan servicers(s). We’ll work as your advocate and partner with you every step of way until a final resolution is reached.